Products for Western Blotting
1. Sample Prep
- Antibody Production – custom polyclonal antibodies or monoclonal antibodies from PrimmBiotech
- Lysis or Tissue Homogenization – homogenize using the Bullet Blender
- Protein quantification – quantitate your protein using the Spectrostar NANO
- Acylamide Gels – Pour your own and save money: Protogel
- Pre-Cast Acrylamide Gels: NuSep precast minigels
- Proteomic buffers : Tris-Glycine-SDS PAGE Buffer (10X), etc from National Diagnostics
- Protein labels and dyes: Protoblue safe from National Dianostics to replace coomassie stains.
3. Western Blot Processing & Detection
- Automate your western blots processing: BlotCycler™
automates the process of Western blotting for up to 6 blots at once. All steps after protein transfer to a membrane are fully automated: shaking, blocking, hybridization, washing, and recycling of the primary antibody.
- Chemiluminescence – the most popular labeling system used for Western blotting. Detect your chemiluminescence with the Syngene imaging systems or our BMG luminometers.
4. Imaging & Quantitation
- Gel and Blot Imaging: Syngene imagers
- Image Analysis Software: densitometry, molecular weight sizing, colony counting using GeneTools analysis software
- Quantification using spectrophotometer / fluorometer